Events calendar! Woo!
Sorry, I don’t know if anyone else finds this as exciting as I do, but it’s been something I’ve been meaning to start since rechristening the site as the Odyssey in the first place. It was just a matter of clearing some time, and making it happen.
Do you have an event you would like to list on the Odyssey’s calendar? The best way to make sure your event gets listed here is simply to tell us. Shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com, and we’ll make it happen. Be sure to tell us:
- What and where the event is,
- What day and time it will be,
- A description of the event, and
- If there is an admission price or age restriction.
Include a web site link and/or RSVP information, if applicable.
Even if you don’t tell us about an event, we’ll post a lot of the events we hear about through normal channels. That’s just the way we are.
In addition to the calendar, we’ll also be publishing a nine-day event listing on Wednesdays. Just to drive home all of the cool/arty/sophisticated/loud/debauched events in which you could be taking part in the near future. Everything on the calendar over that nine-day span will go in the listing, just be sure to tell us about it the Tuesday before the event.
- Live music: Someone Say Something at The Wicked Monk (8415 5th Avenue).
- Greenmarket: The Bay Ridge Greenmarket returns to the Walgreens Pharmacy parking lot (3rd Avenue and 95th Street). 8am – 3pm.
- Bay Ridge Short Films Concert: a collection of acclaimed short films, along with a performance by The Rhapsody Players singing group. St. Patrick’s Auditorium (4th Avenue and 97th Street). 7pm, $20.
- Live Music: Steve Reilly at Irish Haven (5721 4th Avenue).