Remember, you can always access the Odyssey’s full event calendar right here. If you know of an event you think we should add to the calendar, let us know at email@example.com.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 16
- Willy Wonka Youth Performances: 2pm and 6:30pm, Christ Church (7301 Ridge Blvd.). A fun-filled family classic performed by children (ages 5-12) for children of all ages, as part of the Christ Church Theater Arts Program. $10 (children under 3 and under are free.) For more information or tickets please call 718-745-1551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 17
- Summer Stroll On Third Avenue: 6pm – 10pm, Third Avenue between 81st and 89th Streets. PEOPLE – This is the last Summer Stroll this year! For two of the first three, the weather has been pretty “meh.” Let’s cheer on for some fantastic weather this time! The evening summer pedestrian plaza extravaganza organized by the Merchants of Third Avenue will feature musicians, performers, artists, and “ambient lighting”. Third Avenue will be closed to traffic from 82nd Street to 89th Street from 6pm to 10pm (drivers and festival-goers alike, please note that cross-streets through that stretch will be open). See the block-by-block rundown in our previous coverage.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 18
- Greenmarket: The Bay Ridge Greenmarket continues at the Walgreens Pharmacy parking lot (3rd Avenue and 95th Street). 8am – 3pm. See our prior coverage for more details.
- Run For The Fallen: Begins at John Paul Jones Park (4th Avenue and 101st Street). Registration begins at 7:30am, race begins at 9am. Four-mile run through the Shore Road Park honoring Fort Hamilton’s fallen service members. See our story for details.
- Spoiled Rotten (live music): 11pm, The Wicked Monk (8415 4th Avenue).
SUNDAY, AUGUST 19
- Paul Tabachneck and Andy Mac (live music): 7pm, The Irish Haven (5721 4th Avenue).
TUESDAY, AUGUST 21
- Concerts In The Park – On A Good Run Band: 7pm, Shore Road Park (at 79th Street). This is the last concert of the series to be held at Shore Road Park. Southwest Brooklyn Parks Task Force presents Concerts In The Park. Concerts are FREE and open to the public. Bring a blanket, a chair, your family and friends. In case of poor weather or for more information, call 718-238-6044. See our story about the beginning of the concert series for more details.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 23
- Lindsey Kelk (I Heart Paris) Book Reading: 7pm, Bookmark Shoppe (8415 Third Avenue). Author Lindsey Kelk discusses her newest novel “I Heart Paris,” the follow up to “I Heart New York.” She will read an excerpt and answer any questions throughout the event!