This is the listing of Bay Ridge events, put together by the Odyssey team. You can have this list e-mailed to you every week by signing up here.
You can always access the Odyssey’s full event calendar right here. We try to put everything that comes to our attention on this calendar, but if you have an event, and want to see it here, the best way is to let us know about it by e-mailing the details to email@example.com.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19
- Tipsy Reader Book Club: 8pm, Cebu Bar & Bistro (8801 3rd Avenue). The Casual Vacancy, J.K. Rowling’s first adult-oriented book, not withstanding the body count in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 22
- Live music – Radio Daze: 10pm, Schnitzel Haus (7319 5th Avenue). Holiday party, ugly Christmas sweater contest, Toys For Tots drive for Hurricane Sandy victims.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 23
- Children’s Christmas Pageant: 10:30am, Bethlehem Lutheran Church (4th Avenue and Ovington Avenue). Presented by children from the Bethlehem Sunday School. Read more at the Bay Ridge Journal.
- Live music – Brandon Wilde and Chris: 8pm, Irish Haven (5721 4th Avenue).
- Christmas Idol Finals: 9pm, Bean Post Pub (7525 5th Avenue). The last round between winners of the qualifying rounds. If you LOVE Christmas as much as we do, then this is your chance to prove it by singing your favorite Christmas songs.
NEXT SATURDAY, DECEMBER 29
- Live music – The Rockinghams: 10pm, Schnitzel Haus (7319 5th Avenue). 1960s tribute band.
NEXT SUNDAY, DECEMBER 30
- Live music – Chris Byrne, Rachel Fitzgerald, and Andrew Harkin: 8pm, Irish Haven (5721 4th Avenue).
NEXT MONDAY, DECEMBER 31
- Live music – Max Christopher: 10pm, Schnitzel Haus (7319 5th Avenue). New Year’s Eve party.