The publisher of this web site grew up in Western New York. Be nice to him about this play.
Henry Hynoski 28, New England Patriots 0.
I just thought I’d lead off with my prediction for the game. I’ve given it a lot of thought, and I’m almost certain that’s how the game will unfold.
Where do you want to watch the game this year? I’m keeping it simple for myself – will just be my son and I at home. I hosted an apartment party last year, but can’t really be bothered with the hassle this year. Pizza from DaVinci’s, and I’ll probably fry my own Buffalo wings. Thinking I’ll go with red wine over beer. Yeah, man: pizza, Buffalo wings, wine, and football. Life is grand.
Of course, if it weren’t for children who are too young to go out to bars*, I’d probably be going out Sunday night. It’s fun to see the Super Bowl in a bar already frequented by one of the participating teams’ fans, i.e. watching last year’s game in a Steelers bar. For this year’s game, I don’t think Giants bars are going to be so hard to find. They’ll be in the yellow pages under “bars.”
*I’ve been going out to watch sports in bars since I was 16. My dad thought it would be nice if I could watch him shoot pool. I just wanted to be in a place that got the channel that was carrying the hockey game.
In fact, I might think about going to one of these places.
- Lone Star Bar & Grill (8703 5th Avenue) – Free buffet during game, $50 drink bracelet or pay-as-you-go. Early bird (noon-3pm) drink special: $3 domestic, $4 imports. Raffles & giveaways.
- The Wicked Monk (8415 5th Ave) – $35 buffet and open bar, or pay-as-you-go. Buffet includes flank steak, Buffalo wings, pork kebabs, salmon oreganata, chili, grilled corn with chipotle butter, and Mediterranean salad (which is Turkish for “Greek salad”). Prizes and giveaways. Post-game karaoke.
- Yellow Hook Grille (7003 3rd Avenue) – $25 unlimited draft beer
- The Pour House (7901 3rd Avenue) – $45 open bar and free buffet. Giveaways, snowboard raffle
- Delia’s Lounge (9224 3rd Avenue) – $60 open bar and food (reservation). Herb crusted lamb chops, Buffalo wings, sliders and fries.
Where will you be watching?