New York’s citywide twice-annual volunteer cleanup event, It’s My Park Day, will take place this spring on Saturday, May 4. The Shore Road Parks Conservancy is participating, and is encouraging people to show up at one of its workgroups in six locations throughout the Shore Road and Owl’s Head Parks.
Volunteers are invited to help with activities, which include painting, planting, weeding, sweeping, raking, handling sign-in sheets, tools and refreshments.
No experience is necessary, nor is advance signup (though groups are encouraged to email email@example.com). Just show up at:
- Owls Head Park at Shore Road – 11am – 2pm
- Narrows Botanical Garden – 10am – 1pm
- The flagpole at 81st Street – 9am – 12pm
- 87th Street entrance – 9am – 1pm
- The gazebo at 91st Street – 9am – 12pm
- 97th Street entrance – 10am – 1pm